Come One! Come All!
Polymer Clay Central is holding its 106th Polymer Clay Central Challenge for October 2008, and this is going be a one-time only EXTRA-SPECIAL edition of the PCC Challenge! September is a special month for PCC - it's the 10th Anniversary of the PCC Message Forum and the new PCC Website, and so we decided to use September to prepare something special for the October PCC Challenge! For the October Challenge, and for the first time, contestants will be able to send in pictures of their entry instead of the actual piece, and the theme will be ANYTHING GOES - in other words, any piece you wish to enter. You will use the link below to send up to 4 pictures of your entry (not all will be used - our discretion), and if you send multiple items they have to all be in the same photo (one entry per person). Pictures will be posted as usual and voting will be as usual. In this way we hope to include many members who are unable to send in their projects for any reason. If anyone still wishes to send in their entry as usual, send to the address below.
To make things even more interesting, we have TWO SPONSORS for this contest, and so will award two sets of prizes for the top 6 entries. We want to thank The Clay Station and Boston Clayworks for sponsoring this special contest!
Prizes From Our Sponsors!
2 - 1st Place - $50 Gift Certificate
2 - 2nd Place - $35 Gift Certificate
2 - 3rd Place - $25 Gift Certificate
We would like everyone to prepare a new piece during September, and get their pictures ready to send in to PCC. The deadline to send in pictures for this contest will be October 15th, and the Contest page will be posted within a few days of that. Since we anticipate a large number of entries, this will give plenty of time for voting. Voting will continue to the end of the month, and then the Winners will be announced. The Winners Page will stay on the web until voting begins for the next Contest, at which time it will be placed in our Contest Archive.
To enter now, read the rules below and click here to send in your pictures for the October Challenge by the 15th of October.
To plan ahead, please visit our Contest Schedule Page for the upcoming months and their Themes!
If you have any questions, please email PCC_Challenge.
Let the Games Begin!
The Theme for the October 2008 Challenge is:
Use this theme as the inspiration for your project!
CONTEST RULES - PLEASE READ:
Mail any Entries to:
- This contest is open to ANYONE. Young, old, male, female, staff members and web surfers, anyone who loves to play with Polymer Clay.
- One entry per contestant. Multiple items will be photographed as one entry.
- Your entry must be based on Polymer Clay. Other added embellishments will be accepted.
- Projects must be original.
- Projects must NOT appear anywhere on the Internet or in any collections where they could be recognized before or while the contest is in progress. Contestants must NOT identify their own project at any message board or email list or their entry will be disqualified.
- Voting will take place from the minute the Projects go up
until Midnight the last day of the month!
- After the votes are tallied, the winner will be announced, and the name of each artists will be revealed on the contest pages. The projects will
remain on that Web page until the next contest is uploaded, and then they will then be archived to the Master Index.
- IMPORTANT:1st Place Prize Winners are not eligible to win again in the next contest, but they are invited to play along anyway.
- Prizes awarded are provided solely by the Sponsor, and are not returnable or refundable.
PO Box 694
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Polymer Clay Central Home Page